The Police and Crime Panel consists of the following members from each Local Authority area:
|Number of Elected Members
|Anglesey County Council
|Conwy County Borough Council
|Denbighshire County Council
|Flintshire County Council
|Gwynedd County Council
|Wrexham County Borough Council
The Elected Members of the Panel, as far as practical, reflects the political balance and community demographic of North Wales.
The Annual General Meeting of each Council determines the nominated members of the Panel from each county. The Term of Office of the nominated Members shall be agreed by each council, with a minimum planned term of one municipal year. If Membership of the Panel cannot be agreed, in accordance with the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act, the Home Secretary will nominate members of local authorities to the Panel.
Independent Co-opted Members
The North Wales Police and Crime Panel also consists of two independent co-opted members.
A person may not be a co-opted member of the Panel if the person is any of the following:
- a member of the staff of the North Wales Police and Crime Commissioner
- a member of North Wales Police civilian staff
- a Member of Parliament
- a member of the National Assembly for Wales
- a member of the Scottish Parliament
- a member of the European Parliament
- a member of a local authority within the North Wales Police area